The installation system image can be downloaded from the following link:
Installing software components on an empty computer
The following operations must be performed to install the OS:
- When using an external USB-drive: Connect the drive to the computer.
- Turn the power on.
- Insert the CD / DVD bootable disk into the drive.
- Perform a restart.
- Wait for the boot loader messages, and pressing the Space key to cancel the possible startup.
- Press the d key to determine the number of ATAPI device.
- Press button c and set the boot parameters, as follows:
- drive_number – number defined ATAPI device
- partition_number – 0
- command_string – console=tty0 consoleblank=0 ;
- filename – deb.img
- initrd – deb.rd
- To initiate the download by p button
- Leave the rest of the default settings by pressing the Enter key
- To continue follow the dialogue. The procedure for selecting parameter setting has an intuitive interface.
To install a wired connection a static IP-address for the eth0 interface should be set, for example:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.10 up
DHCP can be configured after installing dhcpcd in the following way (this can be done after connecting repositories, see below):
apt-get install dhcpcd
To connect additional repositories one should edit /etc/apt/sources.list file and add the following lines:
deb http://188.8.131.52/apt lenny main
deb http://184.108.40.206/apt lenny-updates updates
Next, the repository list should be updated using the following command:
If repository key is needed it can be imported in the following way:
gpg – – keyserver subkeys.pgp.net – – recv-keys KEY
Package management is carried out using apt. For more information, refer to the man apt.