Elbrus Summer of Code 2016 (ESC 2016)
ESC – every year event for undergraduate bachelor and magistracy students, who decided to build a career in sphere of Linux kernel and middleware programming.ESC 2016 will take place in Moscow MCST (Moscow, Vavilova st. 24) and in Dubna MCST-Volga (Dubna, Programmistov st. 4, bld.3, office 116) from 20 June 2016 till 20 August 2016.
During 2 month participants should work in office and work for free on selected projects under the guidence of experienced developers. Dinner is free for participants. If project is done succesfully, winner participant gets the award and job offer from MCST Operating systems department.
Typical schedule for every working day:
- 10:00 — 11:00 — setting tasks for a day, discussing technical details;
- 11:00 — 18:00 — fulfilling plan (programming);
- 18:00 — 19:00 — writing and sending dayly report.
Elbrus computers are used for programming.
Tasks for ESC 2016:
|EtherCAT master for CPI south bridge||Implementation of EtherCAT mastervsupport for Eth controller of CPI south bridge.||kernel|
|CPU hotplug governor for Elbrus-4C||Implementation of decision taking algorithm for setting cpus offline in the abcense of computation userland tasks.||kernel|
|Alt Linux over binary translation for Elbrus-4C||Integration of Alt Linux x86 image into container for running on Elbrus architecture through dynamic binary translator of applications.||middleware|
|Debian 8 over binary translation for Elbrus-4C||Integration of Debian 8 x86 imageinto container for running on Elbrus architecture through dynamic binary translator of applications.||middleware|
|Nova OpenStack for Elbrus-4C||Porting Nova OpenStack module to Elbrus-4C.||middleware|
Requirements to participants:
- Skills in linux command line and vim text editor
- Experience of C programming (any experience:))
- We assume that participants have personal goals in improving skills and getting knowledge in Linux kernel and middleware. (Not just looking for something new — it is good for teenagers, but not for undergraduates).
- Students of MIPT or Dubna university are wellcome
Please send requests for participation to ESC2016@mcst-volga.ru